Friday, June 29, 2007

am i thinking tooo hard???

Yesterday I went to the store for lotion. The lotion is regularly priced $14.93. There were two bottles of the lotion that were mismarked. I picked up the mismarked lotion and said to myself, well I will get this one since it is marked $6.43. What a bargain for me! So I go to the register with my basket of stuff and when my lotion scans in at the original and true price, I say to the cashier. Excuse me, that is marked $6.43. She does her over ride thingy and I walk out of there with my lotion. Now a similar thing happened with my dog food. It was mismarked and when I went to the register and she punched in the price that it was mismarked. She did not go for the scan. Yet when she looked puzzled I told her it was mismarked. She said well then it is your lucky day. (mind you it was a mismark of almost $10.)

So Why do I feel kind of bad for the lotion thingy and not for the dog food? Should I have just paid for the original price and not mentioned a thing! Well I guess it was bothersome enough that for next time I will pay the original price! Til next time! ciao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have those same thoughts ALL THE TIME!!

btw... Tag, you're it!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you lost out on the scan reward. You should have paid for the lotion then in form the clerk of the scan error, not only would you have received an $8 refund, but you would have received 10X the difference in price up to a max of $5. So your investment would have been only $1.43 and some change. And don't feel guilty because it's State law. Checkout: http://www.michiganinbrief.org/edition07/Chapter5/ConsumerProtect.htm