Monday, March 13, 2006

stumped

Nicholas will be a senior this fall. I know, I know, where has the time gone and why am I thinking about the fall when it is finally 60 + degrees outside. So anyways, Vincent and I were talking about taking a nice family vacation somewhere. It will technically be like our last one almost. That's just it, where? We just paid $$$$ for Dakota's orthodontic appliance (and he still needs braces which the insurance is gone since it went to help pay for the appliances), college looming next year, a new roof that needs to be put on, and whatever else decides to loom over us that we are not aware of. Anywhoo, we want to do it over the next Christmas break, the requirements are cheap, warm, and preferably somewhere we have not been. Any ideas? I was thinking of Vegas, but........not sure! I did mention a cruise to Vincent but we really do not want a credit card involved.

4 comments:

Russell said...

Personally I've done both mentioned. Vegas is much better than one would think. So much for a family to do. It's very easy to see where you're not supposed to be. If you do happen to choose that, let me know and I'll give you a few more tips.

The cruise thing is great! No worries about car rentals, finding nice places to eat, hotels, etc. It's all taken care of for you. Soooo nice!

I'm also a big fan of Arizona. The Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam are great. Not sure the weather at Christmas time though. I went during Spring and it was perfect.

ryan said...

thats I was thinking a roadtrip to Arizona. I'm big fan of roadtrips Melissa isn't down with them I 'm dieing for a big roadtrip.I;m trying to talkinto one out to OR or Wa to see she family but she would rather fly.Kids packed in a van one last grand adventure, just my thought

michelle said...

i am not a fan of road trips unless 1. i have a lot of time and we are talking like weeks! 2. it seems like i need a vacation after the vacation. I am leaning more toward the Vegas idea, however Vincent was thinking of doing a family consensus. We will see and I will dig around more for information about vacation destinations.

michelle said...

I lost the battle, well it really wasn't a battle. Any ways we are going to go to florida. We will do universal for xmas and then go to tampa for busch gardens for new years. All I care about is "vacation" for 9 glorious days.