Monday, May 07, 2007

Easier said than done! But Jesus never said it was easy!

If you don't know then I will tell you! I am in a race. I am running a race to win the prize. (and that prize is a doozy I might add). But suddenly I have found myself running the race with some un-necessary baggage. Many of you will be able to relate. Many of you are currently running the same race with a certain degree of baggage. Some of you are barely making it cause you can't even drag it. Some of you aren't even looking at the finish line any more and you are just standing there looking at the baggage with your hands on your hips crying out how am I going to do this. Well, to some degree I feel ya! But the thing is, is that I recognize that I got this crappy baggage (that is not on wheels and so easy to carry) and I want to get rid of it. But guess what! In this race I am in there is this guy who doesn't want me to make it. So, he happens to be on the sidelines screaming at me. And he is not cheering me on that is for sure! He is a distraction to me and there are times when I am like ok I get it! I am not going to finish this race! BUT......I know that I will finish the race! I am a persistent person and I will not give up (here is where I can list many scriptures but I am not going to so-feel free to put the one that comes to your mind here)! All I want to do though is just go to the sidelines and drop off my baggage and come back with more pep in my step. But it will be just my luck that as soon as I do that the weather will end up changing during my race and I wont be able to see through the fog, or the torrential down pours, or whatever it may be. Thanks for letting me vent! I guess I am just tired right now! I know I will make it! I know all will be well. I know who's I am! and I know that I will win the prize!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why I love you, let me count the ways!!! Even when you want to quit, what did I hear? You reached out to minister to someone tonight!!! You are NEVER a quitter! I can confidentally say that you are just like Jesus ! I believe that you strive to be like him, even when you don't want to! To be tired to be frustrated...that is normal!!!!

Anonymous said...

God knows we can't do it all, you just have to realize it. What I admire most about you is your ability to be humble and be a servant. Even Jesus was tired and frustrated Shell. You are a precious treasure (to quote wise ole'Mama Jill)and I am not ashamed to brag you up because God has made you into a wonderful woman!
Love you gobs and bushels!