Thursday, June 15, 2006

keeping unity

On a previous post that I did a couple of days ago, I talked about helping out another Christian if they were sinning by talking to them about it. Adding to that thought, I was thinking that if someone came to me or perhaps I went to someone else and suggested that a part of their life that they were living was sinful, I just might not be their friend anymore or them mine (I am human therefore not perfect :). They may distant themselves from me and may have nothing to do with me again. However, the bible talks about making "every effort to keep the unity of one body and one Spirit" (Ephesians 4:3). The whole chapter is awesome about unity in the body of Christ. Are we all making every effort to keep unity in the body of Christ? Even if we step on ones toes or rock the boat with our interpretation of scripture. This is something marriages, families, co-workers do so that they can cohesively get along to achieve whatever it may be. So why can't most Christians? I will strive to do better myself.
I love this cartoon that helps the unity theme along:
http://www.theophilus.org/onetrue/widow.html

2 comments:

Doug E. Pudge said...

Michelle, nice post! That cartoon speaks volumes too. God wants all of us to be of one mind in our work in the kingdom. Thanks for sharing this. B4T

Swinging Sammy said...

I believe that although there are various doctrines and interpretations of scripture, we are all worshiping and serving the same Jesus Christ. That is all that matters.