Friday, July 07, 2006

Every time...

I take a shower I get to read this on my shower gel bottle:
amazing grace
philosophy: how you climb up the mountain is just as important as how you get down the mountain. and so it is with life, which for many of us becomes one big gigantic test followed by one big gigantic lesson. in the end, it all comes down to one word. grace. it's how you accept winning and losing, good luck and bad luck, the darkness and the light.
(8 fl oz)
I think it is kind of cool to start each day with a thingy on your shower gel bottle. I know it is better to start out with a prayer and some scripture, but wouldn't it be cool if all the things we had such as our cereal boxes, milk jugs, toilet paper, etc. had little sayings and/or scriptures through out the day?

2 comments:

Tom Haddox said...

My youngest daughter buys a whole line of these products ... she loves the sayings on them ... even has written a few of them down and sent them to me by email. I agree that anytime someone can focus on the good and the positive it is best. I vaguely remember when I visited my grandparents in the panhandle of Texas that my grandfather had a weekly newspaper that put out nothing but good news. It was always filled with great stories. I don't remember what it was called ... and would be surprised if it or something like that would be published today. We do so tend to focus on what is negative. One of the two core memory verses for the Young Ladies Wednesday afternoon class is Philippians 4:8 "...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excelence, and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." How much better we would all be if this is what we practiced as our rule for the day.

michelle said...

hey that scripture is posted on my fridge, cool!