Friday, December 02, 2005

oh my

This morning on the way to work I was flipping radio stations and came across some morning show that was discussing the appropriateness of allowing children to swear/cuss. The look on my face was one of shock and disbelief. What were they thinking. Their reasoning was that words really are not strong and have no depth to them. Besides who said it was wrong to use these words. Society is the one who said they were bad when they really are just empty words voicing anger or hurt. Then some callers called into the show and stated that they allow their child who is eight to swear at home but it is not allowed in public. ok so now eight year olds are able to differeniate what is ok at home and in public, and they are able to control themselves enough not to do this at school. I thougth nothing else could shock me but I admit it this one did.
I believe some soap could do the trick-for the kids and mostly for the parents!

3 comments:

Swinging Sammy said...

yes, and killing someone is only ending their life a few minutes earlier than it would have in the grand scheme of things. Besides, who says it's wrong to kill? Society does, it's just an act of anger...

this is what happens in a country steeped in moral decay....

Swinging Sammy said...

by the way, I hope you realize the satire in my response....

michelle said...

of course i do :)