Tuesday, December 20, 2005

ok a stupid thought but I will share......

I have never seen a menorah at the store with a bunch of names on it during Hannukah with what the child/person/family may need or want for that holiday. I am definately all about giving year round and I am not trying to make any behind the scene statements here. Like I said it was a "stupid" thought. See, when I have lack of sleep and many things on my plate my mind wanders. This time when it wandered back it brought this with it. :)

2 comments:

Swinging Sammy said...

perhaps it's because the menorah is a religious symbol, and would be considered sacreligious? Like hanging tags from a cross with gift ideas on them?

michelle said...

hmmmm interesting. but they could use a poster or something else. a christmas tree is used i believe because it is green which represents new birth and that the needles point upward towards heaven. even though hardly anyone knows what the things we use at christmas represent anyways. A wreath represents the crown of thorns. holly berry represent drops of blood. star at the top of the tree is for the wise men, etc. oh and can't forget the candy cane. even the word holiday is from holy days. a cross is the same as those things. i was just thinking out loud. the one thing i appreciate the most is that Hannukah does not seem to be commercial. I really wish Christmas wasn't.