Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Beauty Secrets

Early tonight at our ladies group we discussed beauty secrets, from a spiritual and physical stand point. There was much discussion on growing old gracefully and many shared what they wished they could change and what the liked about themselves. I also loved the home made salt scrub, I am going to be making some. Thanks to all who shared, it can be very hard to share such personal stuff with others and it was fun. Go figure the one time I forget my camera is the time Kris is doing foot scrubs and then a foot washing for anyone who wants one. Can we do it again next week? Anyways, What it comes down to is Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

I also very much enjoyed the poem about the modern gramma. We discussed how the gramma we all used to know was one of gray and peppered hair, who also had some cushion to her. So that her grandkids could really snuggle up on her (not saying that they cannot otherwise)

The Grandmother's Poem

In the dim and distant past
When life's tempo wasn't fast
Gramma used to rock and knit,
Crochet and tat, and babysit.

Gramma is now at the gym
Excercising to keep slim.
Now she's golfing with the bunch,
Taking clients out to lunch,

Going north to ski and curl,
And all her days are in a whirl.
Nothing seems to stop or block her
Now that Gramma's off her rocker :)

I really want to be a fun and young gramma, but I really think it is all about young at heart. Besides, this is not something I want to be thinking about. Gramma at my age, yeah right! Better not happen!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We continue to plumb the depths and come up with more. But what a safe and loving environment that has been created through this lovely - and beautiful in every way - group of women! Thank you all so very much and praise be to God for each one of you! Thanks Kris for daring to take on something far more than just the "usual" ladies bible class! And Michelle....well, what can I say girl!?! You ROCK! :-)(whoa - I said it again! Imagine that!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, the things I miss! Here's my secret for every woman-Sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen. The sun (and tanning salons)is the great ager! (And a little Botox here and there never hurt anyone!! That's my work perk!!)
Have a great week!!
XXOO
Adele

Anonymous said...

What an awesome ladies night...not just because I could use the most beauty help, but because so many personal things were shared. P.S. Adele, I need to talk to you about the Botox!

michelle said...

okay Adele on my way home I seen you walking down brown street with your lady friends. You are just going to have to rearrange one of these walking nights to come to ladies bare and share time. it is a lot of fun and i need to talk to you about the botox tx too!

michelle said...

Oh an Julie you can be soo funny! You are beautiful just the way you are. from the inside and out! You must have been commenting when I was typing mine out too!

Anonymous said...

I think Sheryl wins for funniest last night! Catherine's mom will be happy with the avon order from me this week.

Anonymous said...

Julie - I neglected to say this last night - but you have 4! - (count 'em) - 4 beautiful children. They were HALF created from you. Now no more comments on needing help in the beauty area!!! :-)
P.S. Check out www.tecumsehchurchofchrist.org
We have a new website! Yeah!!! It's still under construction but Big Mac has worked very hard on it - teaching himself what to do every step of the way! And I have a new blog - www.mrsbigmac.blogspot.com
Come over and see me sometime!

Anonymous said...

Now that walking part is for my mental health!! (And it's after 900pm!! Child and hubby tucked away!) Now if the women's group met after 900pm............LOL
Adele

michelle said...

I Would love for it to end around 8:30 too! But I guess we get carried away with all of our sharing. Women are used to multi-tasking, so perhaps we can do what we did this past monday nite. Eat and have our study together at the table, it was good to be done around 9.