Monday, April 10, 2006

gospel according to Judas

okay, there has been some "news" about this discovery. Also, a new book has been written about the gospel of judas that is similar to the da vinci code. I will admit that I have not read anything about it and I have not watched anything except a five minute piece on a news documentary show (that is probably biased). Anyways, I think it could be used to start up great discussions about Jesus. Vincent made a great point when we were discussing the gospel of Judas, the little bit that we did know, he said, "If God wanted it in the bible, then he would have put it in there!" That's it and there is nothing really further to "debate". That really sums it all up I think, cause God is in control.

1 comment:

Kodiak said...

This is probably part of the Gnostic Gospels http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/gnostics.html I haven’t checked out the Gnostic Gospels so I cannot really comment. However in looking over their writings I would raise question as to the authenticity. I had a simular blog about the Judas Gospel http://kodiaks.blogspot.com/2006/04/read-gospel-of-judas.html
But nobody wanted to post.