Monday, September 19, 2005

How can I still be at peace?

Today I received news that could have taken the wind out of my sails, but it didn't. I think the enemy is gearing up for another attack on our home front. Lots of news that haven't been so positive have reached our home lately and yet we have not let it take away our joy or our focus. It is amazing when I think about it, but then I think that I should not be amazed. God is awesome and he takes care of all our needs. That is what he is doing now. He has given us peace, joy, ability of discernment, and words to encounter the situations we need to! If it weren't for him we would be a mess.

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore, my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave.
Psalm 16:7-10

2 comments:

Russell said...

I'll be praying for your family!

Jay said...

Seems like there's alot of that going around these days, we will also be praying!!