Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I guess I am it!

Russell tagged me and it is for 5 things you might not know about me.

Here goes:

1. I am half Irish and half Macedonian. I am first generation American-Macedonian, hee-hee. Born in Dearborn and have only lived in MI. My dad (who spoke no english), sis and me learned our ABC's with Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch.

2. I believe in Jesus Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit. I believe in Baptism, the bible, that it is okay for women to have a "role" in the "church", and to have instrumental music with worship.

3. Ran away from home at the age of 17/18. Removed all my braces by myself. Not a time I am proud of but it sure helped me be who I am today which I am proud of.

4. On class night my senior year, I was a guest performance on a mock David Letterman show. We, a group of us girls, were these whistlers that had outfits over our heads and they were made so that our belly buttons were lips that puckered and whistled to music. I had big red lips drawn around my belly button. We had to stick out our belly buttons to a whistling song. It was great we had a whole routine with choreography and everything. That is the night I also won class gossiper-my trophy was a plastic play phone. Not something I should be proud of, but good to look back and say-"hey, I have really come far!"

5. During my childhood I was in brownies, girl scouts, gymnastics, and ballet. I was also a safety patroller at Patterson Elementary, which was big stuff back then. Cool thing is that both my boys were also safety patrol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know most of that. I was a safety patrol dude in 5th and 6th grades. What a power trip that was! LOL

Doug E. Pudge said...

I knew none of that stuff about you! Wow, whistling belly buttons! Who'd a thunk it? B4T

Anonymous said...

That braces bit made me cringe!

Dizzy Blonde said...

I have to say I knew it all accept safety patrol you geek!

michelle said...

Hey Russell i think this might make ya cringe more....when i worked at the dentist office, once after work hours, I did a white composite filling on Vincent's tooth. EEEkkkk no dental school training for me-definately all hands on :) It was in the front so when he smiled it showed and he wanted it filled before our wedding day. I must say that I did an excellent job cause the filling is still there today and the current dentist Vincent goes to says it was a great job. just another thing ya did not know about me-I can do fillings!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad there are people out there blessed to do different things!