Friday, January 19, 2007

Looking for a pet?

Many people are looking for pets, and if you are one of them I would like for you to consider rescue adoption. Your local humane society would be a great place to find a new family member too, but if you are not able to find one that is suitable for you and your family then I suggest this website I have listed.
http://www.petfinder.com/
Just type in what you are looking for and your zip code. You will then be directed to a plethora of animals to be adopted. This is where and how we found Cheyanne our newly adopted siberian. I will link this site on the side so that perhaps you are not looking for a pet now but in the future you are, or someone you know is looking for one later on and you can let them know about an option of where to look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent post, Michelle. I've been to petfinder several times just browsing. Both my dogs are rescued, but not through an agency or whatever they call themselves. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a pet to give rescue places a shot. These animals need homes and some have had very rough starts in life and need another chance.