Wednesday, August 17, 2005

got me thinking?

Vincent is doing a lesson on persecution and it got me thinking. Is being persescuted a bad thing if we live here in the states? I really don't think so. So what if someone calls me a Jesus freak, or a bible thumper. I have even been called brain washed before. Would I rather have a "good" life of the American dream where I spend all my time at a job and not with my family. Would I rather spend on all my pleasures on the big adult toys (not saying that those things are bad-Vincent loves four wheelers and his SUV)and miss out on the first step, the first word, their first school crush, their first everything! The results of having the good life of an American dream is STRESS, WORRY, A VOID, EMPTINESS. But what about an abundant life as the bible talks about? What does it cost me? My time, my heart, my love, my obedience, my money, my wordly reputation, my life (perhaps if I lived else where, physically too). I have to spend my time and money anyways so don't you think I would rather spend it for an abundant life. It will give an excellent exchange. It does give an excellent exchange. I will and do get peace, joy, and an eternal life in a mansion where my kids can play football in the living room. That is the perfect life and I am blessed!