Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Truth

I was reading a book about this news reporter uncovering the truth about something and in the book it says something along this line; The story has to do with the truth. Truth can be your best friend or your worst enemy. If you are willing to hear the truth it can hurt a little, but you will benefit in the end. If you are allowing to be swallowed by the illusion and you are running from the truth, well sooner or later it will catch up to you and the blow may be more severe. You may be able to recover and you may not.

I remember a time when I was young and wasn't ready for the truth. Well the truth did not gently knock it came and took me over by a storm and since then I pay attention. Cause in the end it always benefits. Sometimes I must admit that I am not always so focused on looking for the truth and it takes a little bit longer for me to see it. (Remember Vincent's sermon "watch" when he was talking about our focus.) Lately I have had to deal with some new truths that were hard to hear. I am not caught up in an illusion anymore and I am sure this was another growing pain for me in my Christian walk. I pray that others will see and hear the Truth. Ask questions to uncover the story. It does make a difference since the story is the truth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I struggle every day with what I thought was "truth" about the relationships that once existed at church. Most everything that has happened since May 1 tells me that a great deal of what I thought was there was something else disguised as truth. It hurts every day. I want to lash out at some people every day! But, I now keep some devotional books on my computer desk. I was keeping them there to help with the bulletin, but what I gravitate to and usually what I put in the bulletin are things that speak to keeping my heart and my spirit calm and really trying to seek and do God's will in this whole messy situation. Thanks for your thoughts Michelle!

michelle said...

Love ya Lisa! Keep up those inspirational bulletins and see you on Sunday. MMuuak! oh and what you are making for potluck is perfect. Gracias!