Friday, June 10, 2005

chicken pox

lamplighter
This morning I received a phone call from a friend whom's kids I watch. She called to inform me that one of the kids has the chicken pox. I was definately surprised because I just assumed that most, if not all kids have had the vaccine. Nicholas had the chicken pox when he was 4 years old and they were so bad that when the time came for me to decide if Kota should be vaccinated I decided to do it. I never wanted to see one of my kids suffer like that again. I do understand that if you have the shot you still may be able to get the chicken pox, but it would just be a mild case.
When I was 5 I got the chicken pox over Thanksgiving. A couple days later my 4 year old sister got it and then my baby brother. My poor mom being cooped up for that time and we were in the middle of moving to our home in Tecumseh. Thank goodness for medicine and technology. One day the chicken pox will be obselete and our memories will be all we have of the red itching blotches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dare you vaccinate your child? Where is you faith?

Anonymous said...

what are u talking about? If your first child almost died from them, wouldn't you try to spare your second child? What's worse, rare complications or death. Don't listen, lamplighter, u are an excellent parent.