Friday, June 24, 2005

nicknames?!?!?!?!?

lamplighter
Why do we give out nicknames to people? Since birth I have been called Mickie. Many people outside family do not know this. When I was 12 years old, from what I have been told, is that I announced that my name is Michelle and not to call me Mickie anymore. It was so weird cause at my brother's wedding (just 2 weeks ago) (and I am now 34)my cousins called me Mickie and I naturally still responded. It was like riding a bike. Some of us may have gotten our nickname cause someone could not pronounce our name. This is how my brother got his name from my son. Nicholas called my brother (who's name is Christopher) "D". I have no understanding why. Cause when my brother was growing up his nickname was ..... oh never mind i will let him share what it was and how he got it. What is your nickname and how did you get it? If you don't have one then why not?? Have a great weekend guys cause it is FRIDAY!!!!!!!!! wooooo hooooooo!

No comments: