Tuesday, June 07, 2005

welcome to the real world!

lamplighter
Being a parent is a hard life experience. I thought it was difficult when they are babies and you are sleep deprived and worried all the time that they are developing properly. Well, I have come to the conclusion that raising teenagers is harder. Sure, they are self-sufficient. They can bathe themselves, feed themselves, clothe themselves, etc. The hard part is watching them grow into responsible adults. The hard part is letting them make mistakes. The hard part is letting them do it their way and not the way you would do it. The hard part is not bailing them out of a situation. Why am I saying all this? Nicholas has now started his job. He has to get up in the morning and get ready. He packs his lunch and needs to be more in tune to his schedule and the time. It is so hard to not to tell him what to do. It is so hard not to help him out. This is just another life experience and I hope I don't mess it up too much. Welcome to the real world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like when they pee and puke on you, yeah, that is great

michelle said...

Yeah especially when they puke on your pillow when you are trying to give them medicine and you are on vacation. The worst!!! It is like he knew that it was my pillow!